Leveraging Opportunities to Drive Positive Economic, Social and Health Impacts In Our Community
Catalyst Development Corporation is an emerging CDFI (Community Development Financial Institution).
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty in underserved communities.
Our mission is to address the root causes of poverty through community partnerships and flexible financing for affordable housing and other economic development activities.
We currently provide gap financing for developers of affordable housing for rental or homeownership. We are developing other loan products to support local job creation and retention.
What it means to be a CDFI
• Community Development Financial Institutions - or CDFIs - are mission-driven financial institutions that are dedicated to providing financial services to meet the needs of economically disadvantaged individuals within underserved communities.
• CDFIs invest in local communities and the residents who live there by providing critically needed financing often unavailable from mainstream financial institutions.
• CDFIs are certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund – known as the CDFI Fund. In order to become a certified CDFI, the financial institution must: have a primary mission of promoting community development; provide financial products and services; serve one or more defined low-income target markets; maintain accountability to the community it serves; and be a legal non-governmental entity.
• All CDFIs share a common mission of serving low-income communities. CDFIs are commonly loan funds, credit unions, community banks, or venture capital funds.
• Certified CDFIs are part of a national network promoting economic growth in America’s underserved communities by financing businesses, creating jobs, and rebuilding neighborhoods.
• As a CDFI, Catalyst Development Corporation puts the community first and values local, economic growth.